Thursday, June 12, 2008

Moo moo Moomoo Moo-Moo

I received my Moo Card prize package (which I won through the Illustration Friday blog back in February) a couple weeks ago and finally have photographs to share. I'm extremely impressed with everything! The Moo MiniCards are really adorable, with a beautiful satin finish, and I think they generate extra interest because of the unusual size. The stickers are gorgeous and really, really shiny which I like. The only thing I didn't like, and I'm sure it's my own fault, is that multiples of the same image weren't grouped together on one page when printed. I wanted 6 of the same image on each sticker page so that I could tear out pages and give them to people but they were all interspersed and distributed randomly throughout the 15 pages. I'm sure there's something I should have done when ordering that would have fixed this. The postcards are nicely done and the colors came out just as I had hoped. I have to say the MiniCards printed a tad darker than I would have liked, which I have heard before from others, but now that I've seen it firsthand I'll just adjust for it in the files I submit in the future. I was also going to say that one drawback of getting so many different images is that it was a little time consuming to pick them out and get them uploaded. However, my husband pointed out that I'm a hopeless perfectionist and a normal person wouldn't have had to spend so much time on it. heh.

Final verdict: these Moo products look fabulous and are reasonably priced. I'm going to be ordering more very soon. Not only are they perfect for self-promotion efforts but I'm thinking of all kinds of gift ideas now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Donna,

Glad to her you like them. So you're the lucky gal who won that MooCard Prize! I have some mini-moo cards myself which I use as business cards. Wanna trade?

Have fun,
Melissa
Artisti in LA LA Land